Friday 26 August 2011

Appointed time

A great philosopher friend of mine told me yesterday of 'appointed time'. Let me start by explaining in his words what that could mean, when your opportunity or breakthrough comes its time to run with it, and no barrier can block it, more like the labour pains, you cant stop the baby from coming. Why do i relate with this, i find myself contemplating about, since now its almost heading to an year being the 'stay at home'  but ofcourse doing things here and there that cannot be termed the least sustainable or longrun leave for awaiting google to approve of my blog and its viewership/readership and post ads, in short adsense earnings small small for the basics, occasional kanyama and fobe and basically assist the pm in raising our small knit family to another level.

Youth empowerment has been in the recent times been taken serious for those that want to and nowadays many a youths in their early 30's and late 20's are thinking of their kahouse, turental and other ventures that are likely to suggest you are a man of means and not by the occasional bar flouting that will leave you scratching head till bald of misuse of funds leave for the msomo you are likely to get from the pm if you are a guy like me. "Unakunywa tu na hatuna hii?/!!" she retorts, can never understand that at times you can do so out of your pocket.

It has been said i dont know whether to call them sexologists or what (amazing how people craft titles and earn a living out of it) that most menfolk tend to marry ladies that look more like their mothers because for me i still feel like the adolescent i was receiving 'msomo' from the old lady after 'messing' and other similarities i note and the instant likeability from the old lady, infact the other day as i called her amidst some hangovers and the missment of both (read mother and father) she told me ,"ndukanahitirie kairetu kau!! niue ndikona kange!!"(never mistake for that lady, you know i'll never see another!!) and i said never ever, apparently mistakes never lack its the spacing out that matters!. so to assure her, i comply, but one thing forever treasure your parents when alive and are there to guide and counsel you with love because many would wish their own were within reach!! this is the kind of stage that you wonna go to your momma's house not like the adolescence that you wanted to get out of your momma's!!.

Why do i relate to 'appointed time'. the other day the pm retorted again ," get up your ass and look for some money, no sitting around!" Obviously from the burden she could be feeling from being the major 'breadwinner' now and chipping in more of a greater percentage since wakathango too can get naughty and take advantage of situations, moreso my two sisters are around and i sure feel her pain. I consolitary found myself replying, "My wealth is not in this world or measured in property but in knowledge and pregnant ideas!" he he!! how true i sounded even to myself i dont know..  I guess i know where this came from , i remember a beer friend of mine tell me, "i like you because you are intelligent!!" thats massaging my ego till now," ...for a man is nothing but ego.", the philosopher said!.

Onto the major theme, 'appointed time',  when my time and opportunity comes am a grab and run faster than Bolt i promise, I have quite been returning myself (gwicokia), why me now the pm's got a job Mulama the former hideskin scrather is doing good, dont make me remember he dirtified table the other day, untill i said "iko sawa," and he also quiped, "in this whole metropolis you are my only friend!" ha ha i felt good(you know am hardly the fav of menfolk for many atimes might see me as competition for their women even those that i cannot contemplate on, like their pms) i dont want the saying 'what goes around comes around' to take place literally,

This man Mulama also is a man with word when he wants to be and i guess these are the guyz including philosopher that i should hang around, he told me the word handsome has meaning leave for the brownskin kinda women interpretation of wakathango but it stands for 'hand has some' i remember "mkono mtupu haurambwi!!"I say the difference between me and 'handssome' is just time and the exact closure of the duration time thats what we refer as appointed time.

One another serious thing i didnt quite deviate on was on the parents am now this guy that has learnt over the years (is this what they call experience??) to treasure his supportive parents more so when you become one, things get more clear, and i dont take for granted their presence in my life and through the guidance i have received from my retired lecturer father and counselling my mother has done despite passing on some knowledge of the ever elusive biochem(read went in through one ear, left through the other). Literature that was my father's major was what i took after and many other character traits including the godpapa cap style that Ken sourveniered me.

At one time in campus when the econs and accounts got tough i thought of quiting to pursue the literature passion but on realising it wasn't a very mature idea like all others including going back to the village and cut nappier grass, i thought hard, will i now become a teacher and i have known the hardships of Kenyan teachers including broken english (this mainly for the science oriented) or what do you take of "When you drink bangi you will die and then start collecting papers!" ha ha, this courtesy of a former mp while a principal at Kagumo.

Other character traits that i dont want to inherit is the denial on technology, i remember am possesing a phone that was previously bought for my father by mother so that he can get his direct messages from his callers and not for her to be told to deliver the messages in the evening some of which were urgent. You know my father is one that does not entertain baggage, aty you start calling him asking for i dont know what  without two months prior notice, that is yours!!. If you want to reach him get to mother and the message will be delivered if he wants to reach you he'll get a phone booth or bureau, so he declined the offer and now the phone has trickled from my small brother soon to graduate from pri school and manhood, sisters who have graduated to better phones(you know sisters can have their way)and now to me. Funny how the 'graduate' word is used for granted now, back in the day my UON alumni father tells me you got paid and fed just to be in campus! and so enough respect. 

1 comment:

  1. Hehehehe...
    Wakathash...two months notice aich! I am asking how tough things can be and also returning myself too...When I was in college, I remember mine told me I have a beard on my face and so it is a shame to keep bothering him with senseless baggage. Aich. Nilijificha kwa choo nikalia machozi hehehe.

    ReplyDelete