Tuesday 17 January 2012

THE NEW SCHOOL



I remember in high school i had the desire or urge to join, to be considered part of,  belong or conform to the sophisticated looking, vybing , just to feel the other side of life I didn’t belong to then, ( the more vital in adolescent stage and generally the human nature)  and I’d fake it  but coming to grow up i know better. As I may ‘pull a Miguna’, am no longer looking for acceptance in society. I now know that every human body has its own niche in this world that your creator designed right when he put you in your dad’s balls.

In today I see a lot happening in the same manner like getting crazy over some lyrical prowess, beats, hype I hear they call it riddims in the new school and you gotta be the coolest to hack in every single of them. We all get ‘used’ to that (if it’s the correct term to use) at some point  when priorities change but its no biggie atleast I will not pretend to my daug that I was not part of it like most of our folks do. It’s a stage/ phase/ season.

Its no longer, “I was always first in class affair!” that our folks memorized and perfected. I guess that’s why we getting into conflict with the older folks that brought us up as they see changes in every corner they look and just wish status quo could be maintained. Like what the old lady told me the other day as she had a momento of spending the festivities with her namie, “You had really 'naughtified' this daug of yours!” coming to look at it  I couldn’t pinpoint how I do that may be for the fact that, Computer, P.S, TV’s their growing up companion and we (the PM and i) don't mind it as it is watched sitted on the table , screen so next to her face that it hurts to think of spoiling her eyesight, but now the stages are increasing that that is in the meantime forgotten now its carrying teddy bears (totos).

Maybe we abit carefree in living our times in the name of ‘new school’.  But why the youth we want to capitalize on rebellion that our adolescent self created, maybe for the fact  the society’s giving us too much pressure to better ourselves and we give excuses like, no opportunities, we jobless, we not rising in our careers, pay cheque is minimal … bla bla…. We now want to revolt over everything be it political, socioeconomic environments……. (yenyewe mabuda wametukalia for long, compromising with small money, reprimanding us to act their way in instances, that’s why I feel the likes of ‘Sonko’ in their strategy in politics and we need such youths in this political year )

Pace is of the essence though to achieve whatever legally and in the Almighty's designed way , and whatever those old folks have to say maybe its from a point of information and we should atleast carry the positives in living our times . For now I know better, “things happen for a reason and for a season”. Soon we shall be the ones regarded as the old school.

No comments:

Post a Comment